What Is Spinach Artichoke Dip
When you do a google search for spinach artichoke dip so many different recipes come up. Each recipe can be a little different but the overall gist is that its a combination of spinach, artichokes, garlic and some type of creamy base, like mayo, sour cream or cream cheese. You can add different spices based on what you like.
After your dip is mixed together then it gets up into the oven until its hot and gooey and served with chips, crackers, or bread. Its been a classic recipe thats been served in thousands of households.
How To Make Warm Keto Spinach Artichoke Dip
1 First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Drain the artichokes and place them in a food processor. Pulse until chopped.
2 Next, add the spinach, cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, apple cider vinegar, garlic, Parmesan, feta, salt, and cayenne. Pulse until everything is combined. Add heavy cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the desired consistency is reached.
3 Finally, transfer to a baking dish and top with cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, until bubbly.
May Be Paired With Refined Carbs
Spinach dip is often served with chips, crackers, pita bread, or other white bread for dipping.
If eaten in excess, refined carbs like these are linked to an increased risk of type 2 diabetes and heart disease. They may also lead to blood sugar spikes, which in turn cause a crash in energy levels (
The AHA recommends that you keep sodium intake to less than 2,300 mg per day, and less than 1,500 mg per day if you have a high risk of heart disease .
Research indicates that excess sodium may contribute to elevated blood pressure and heart disease risk .
If youre watching your sodium intake, you may want to make your own spinach dip and limit added salt and cheese, which can be high in sodium.
Spinach dip is often high in sodium, paired with refined carbs, and calorie dense. For some individuals, its saturated fat content may also be worth noting. Overall, its worth keeping your intake in moderation.
You May Like: Low Calorie High Protein Smoothies
Keto Spinach Artichoke Dip
KETO SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP is a favorite in our house! We love to serve it with an assortment of fresh veggies and low carb options for dipping.
Im a total sucker for a good dip recipe.
When I started eating low carb, dip was one of the foods that I missed the most. Because how can you have dip without chips?!
My keto spinach dip is PERFECT for dipping all sorts of goodies. Check em out below the step-by-step.
How Long Will It Last In The Fridge
Ok, so the question is how long will it last in the fridge while staying fresh? It is best to put the dip into an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Now, that being said, this dip is so addictive that chances are it wont even last the 4 days. Thats why I try to make a double batch on purpose so that way we have plenty of leftovers for a few days.
Read Also: Easy Low Carb Breakfast Ideas
Keto Artichoke Spinach Dip
Can we all just agree that the best part of winter might be the warm and hearty, stick-to-your-bones food that accompanies it? I mean, in addition to the fabulous winter clothes, cozy blankets, and general merry-making. This Keto Artichoke Spinach Dip is a fantastic way to embrace the cold winter air with a delicious salty + savory warm-up that fits a low-carb diet.
Nutrition Facts For Basic Spinach Dip Recipes
The following chart outlines the nutrition facts for 2 tablespoons of homemade spinach dip made with yogurt, regular mayo with sour cream, or light mayo with light sour cream (
Spinach dip typically contains 30100 calories per 2-tablespoon serving. Its generally low in fiber and moderate to high in fat.
Spinach dip tends to be more of an indulgent, occasional treat but depending how you make it, it may offer some health benefits.
Also Check: How Many Calories Are Burned Daily
Slow Cooker Spinach And Artichoke Dip
Instructions. Mix in a bowl the mayo, parmesan, artichokes, garlic, spinach and salt. Spread dip into bottom of slow cooker. Sprinkle on the cheese. Cook on low 75 minutes. *To cook this in the oven, I baked it in a casserole dish at 375 for 20-25 mins till hot and bubbling! You May Love These, Too!
Instructions: In a large bowl, stir together the cream cheese, sour cream, and mayo. Fold in soup mix, garlic, lemon juice, pepper, artichokes, and half the cheese. Spray a 4-quart or larger slow cooker with non-stick spray, and spread the dip down in an even layer, top with remaining cheese. Cover, and cook on HIGH for 1.5 2 hours.
Scroll down for the printable recipe and video tutorial. Add ingredients to crockpot. Place cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, cheese, garlic, parsley, artichoke hearts and spinach in the slow cooker. Stir to combine. Cover and cook. Cover crockpot with lid and cook on low for 45 minutes. Stir and cook an additional 15 minutes if needed.
Slow Cooker Spinach and Artichoke Dip. Spinach and Artichoke Dip is the MVP of any appetizer spread. Its a fan favorite for any sporting event, holiday party, or potluck. You dont even have to like spinach to love this dip. My husband hates spinach but he will eat an entire slow cooker of this in one sitting.
Tips For Making The Best Dip
This artichoke dip is super easy to make, but there are a few things you need to keep in mind when making it, to be sure it turns out perfect.
Read Also: Calories One Slice Pepperoni Pizza
How To Freeze Cheesy Spinach Artichoke Dip
This easy spinach artichoke dip is perfect to freeze! You have two options for freezing keto spinach dip.
What Is Spinach Dip
Spinach dip is a popular party spread that can be served warm or cold and is often paired with bread, crackers, chips, or vegetables for dipping.
Recipes differ widely, though its typically made with a creamy base, herbs, spices, onion, garlic, and necessarily spinach.
Some spinach dips use dairy or plant-based yogurt as the base whereas others use mayonnaise or cream cheese. Depending on the recipe, the dip may include cheese or other vegetables like artichokes.
You can buy pre-made spinach dips at the grocery store or make it at home.
Spinach dips common ingredients include a creamy base, spinach, and various herbs and spices. Heavy versions use mayonnaise or cream cheese as the base while lighter versions may use yogurt.
Recommended Reading: How Many Calories In Vidka
Why Youll Love This Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
- Classic dip with rich flavors is always a hit
- Creamy blend of cheeses adds healthy fats to your diet
- Family friendly, even those who arent low carb
- Keto friendly with only 4 net carbs per serving
If you enjoy entertaining, you’ll likely have some guests who aren’t following a low carb diet. Serving Keto appetizers that all your guests will enjoy is key. This spinach dip is one of those recipes!
Spinach, artichokes and a blend of cheeses are one of those combinations that are irresistible. And its not just for dip anymore, it makes a great stuffing.
If you like this flavor combination, try this Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Salmon, or Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Mushrooms, both are amazing! If youre more of a casserole fan, this Spinach Artichoke Chicken Casserole is the most popular Keto recipe on the site and with good reason, its delicious!
Best Low Carb Spinach Dip
- 4ouncescream cheese,softened and cut into pieces
- 1/4cupheavy cream
- 4ouncesfeta cheese,crumbled
- 3tablespoonsdry sherry
- 1tablespoonred wine vinegar
- 10ouncesfrozen spinach,thawed and squeezed dry, chopped
- 2 14ouncecans artichoke hearts,drained and chopped
Recommended Reading: Low Carb Meals On The Go
Best Low Carb Spinach Artichoke Dip
I know Im not the only person looking forward to New Years Day and then the Super Bowl. Not only are there plenty of football games on television, to my sons delight, but snacks and appetizers reign supreme.
We love appetizers! We love snacks! We love chips! We love artichoke dip especially this low carb spinach artichoke dip! I really and honestly feel that this is the BEST TASTING DIP AROUND!
If You Like This Recipe You May Also Like:
- Caramelized Onion Meatballs are the perfect nibble that works just as well as an appetizer as it does as a main course.
- Low Carb Buffalo Chicken Dip is hearty enough for a meal. This delicious appetizer is quick to make and always a crowd pleaser.
- Keto Pizza Casserole a meat lover’s paradise! All your favorite flavors with three kinds of meat.
If you like this recipe don’t forget to leave a 5 star rating and let me know how it went in the below comments, I love hearing from you! You can also FOLLOW ME on , , and to see all my delicious recipes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place artichokes in a food processor and pulse until chopped.
- Add spinach, cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream, apple cider vinegar, garlic Parmesan, feta, salt and cayenne. Pulse until everything is combined.
- Add heavy cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the desired consistency is reached.
- Transfer to a 1-quart baking dish and top with cheese. Bake for 20 minutes, until bubbly.
- Serve warm with vegetables, or keto-friendly crackers.
You May Like: High Calorie Weight Gain Drinks
Easy Keto Spinach Artichoke Dip
If youve had this dip before , you probably werent even considering whether it was low-carb or not. In fact, this is a fantastic dip for those on a low-carb diet, because everything in it is low carb.
Tools To Make Keto Spinach Artichoke Dip
Tap the links below to see the items used to make this recipe.
- Ceramic Nonstick Chef Pan Pretty and functional, just how I like my kitchen tools to be!
- 8 Inch Chefs Knife Chopping spinach for spinach dip keto is fast and easy with this knife.
- Freezer-to-Oven Safe Baking Dish with Cover If you plan on freezing or making your low carb spinach artichoke dip ahead, this pan can handle it all!
Read Also: How Many Calories Should I Eat Breastfeeding
Easy Cheesy Low Carb Keto Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, which help keep this content free.
If there is one thing that comes to mind when thinking about a keto spinach and artichoke dip recipeits PARTIES! At least for me! Not only is my keto spinach dip easy to make , but this cheesy spinach artichoke dip is so delicious that no one will even guess that its healthy. Youll definitely want to save a spot on your holiday table for low carb spinach artichoke dip perhaps next to a bowl full of hot crab dip?
Made with only eight common ingredients, I know this spinach artichoke dip keto recipe is going to be on regular rotation at our house. Its keto-friendly, grain-free, gluten-free, nut-free, sugar-free, vegetarian, and THM approved. Everyone can enjoy it.
Best of all, it only takes ten minutes to mix up, then just throw it in the oven and youre done. You probably already have everything you need to make this easy spinach artichoke dip in your fridge! Then, try Instant Pot buffalo chicken dip next.
How To Make Spinach Artichoke Dip
This keto spinach and artichoke dip is so easy youll want to make it all the time. And its so delicious that no one will complain about that!
- Cook the spinach. In a skillet, youll cook the chopped spinach to the pan until its wilted and bright. This goes quick!
TIP: If you prefer, you can use frozen spinach and skip this step. Youll need to defrost it, drain well, and squeeze to get rid of all the water.
- Heat the base of the keto artichoke dip. In a small saucepan or the microwave, melt the cream cheese, then stir in mayonnaise, sour cream, grated parmesan cheese, chopped artichoke hearts, minced garlic, pepper, and half of the mozzarella cheese.
- Remove the water from spinach. Once the spinach is cool enough to handle, form it into a ball and squeeze several times to get as much water out of it as you can. Then add to the artichoke mixture.
- Bake the spinach and artichoke dip. Transfer the dip to a ceramic appetizer dish or large ramekin. Smooth the top with a spatula, top with the rest of the mozzarella cheese, and bake until hot and bubbly.
Don’t Miss: Fast Food Under 400 Calories
Slow Cooker Recipe: Spinach Artichoke Dip
Instant Pot Spinach Artichoke Dipcreamy, addictive, restaurant-quality spinach artichoke dip that comes together so fast. Serves a crowd! Pin this recipe for later! The SLOW COOKER instructions are in the recipe card below. Instant Pot Spinach Artichoke Dip. Whenever I order spinach artichoke dip at a restaurant theres NEVER enough.
Add the spinach, artichoke, cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes, slat, and garlic cloves to a 3-quart slow cooker. Cook on High for 2 hours. Stir well, serve with RITZ Crackers, and enjoy!
Ingredients Needed For Keto Spinach Artichoke Dip
Youll be happy to hear that this is one of the easiest dips to make. It uses only five ingredients, and it takes just 25 minutes to bake.
- Mayonnaise Always use full fat if you can. The taste and texture of the dip is so much better. Low fat varieties tend to end up a little goopy and believe it or not they tend to have more carbs.
- Parmesan Cheese Shredded or grated is okay. The finer the parmesan is the easier it will incorporate into the dip.
- Artichokes: Choose canned artichoke hearts packed in water not marinated and not packed in oil. You can also use fresh artichoke hearts if you want to.
- Spinach: You can get frozen spinach in the freezer section. It usually comes in a small box. You can use fresh spinach as well. You will just need to wilt it first. You also want to squeeze out some of the water in the spinach so it doesnt add a lot of water to the dip.
There are many variations of this dip out there. The one I see most often includes sour cream or cream cheese and mozzarella cheese. I personally dont think those are good additions to this dip. All you need is mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese. Trust me, its delicious!
Read Also: Low Calorie Low Carb Recipe
Fiber For Digestion And More
Dairy-free Vegan Spinach Artichoke Dip is made with several high fiber ingredients. Spinach, cashews, and artichokes contribute different types of fiber. Our guts thrive on insoluble and soluble fiber so we need a variety of plant foods to keep things moving smoothly.
Artichokes are not only one of the most antioxidant-rich veggies, they also contain inulin, a type of prebiotic that the good gut bugs love.
Spinach is packed with plant compounds like lutein that supports eye health and nitrates that contribute to heart health. This leafy green is one of the richest sources of the antioxidant quercetin.
Serve this healthy dip with veggie sticks and slices to add more healthy benefits. I like to put out some of my favorite gluten free crackers too. Share how you served it @freshbalancenutrition #freshbalancenutrition.
Limit The Cheese And Choose Healthy Types
Cheese is a great way to flavor your spinach dip, but you may want to limit the total amount to keep calories, saturated fat, and sodium in check .
You may also want to choose certain types over others. Good options include:
- Parmesan. This cheese is a good source of calcium and protein. Although its higher in sodium than some other cheeses, a little goes a long way (
Sodium is found in mayonnaise, cheese, and cream cheese three common ingredients in spinach dips. Many recipes also call for additional salt.
If you already follow a low sodium diet, the salt in spinach dip may not be a concern. However, to be on the safe side, you may want to:
- Limit the total amount of salt in your recipe.
- Check the nutrient info for store-bought dips.
- Use veggie sticks for dipping instead of salty chips or crackers.
- Use fresh or dried herbs as seasoning instead of salt.
Read Also: Low Calorie Diet For Weight Loss